Arimidex lowers estrogen levels in postmenopausal women that might slow the growth of several kinds of breast tumours, which need estrogen to grow in body. It is used for curing breast cancer in postmenopausal women and is often given to women whose cancer has progressed even after taking Soltamox and Nolvadex. Also known as Anastrozole and sold under trade name by AstraZeneca Arimidex is an aromatase-inhibiting drug approved to cure breast cancer, in addition for metastasis in both post and pre-menopausal women. The brutality of breast cancer is increased by estrogen as sex hormones cause hyperplasia, and differentiation at estrogen receptor sites. It works by inhibiting estrogen synthesis.
Doses of Arimidex :
- You can take Arimidex as recommended by your doctor; however not in smaller or larger amounts and not for longer than prescribed.
- You can take this medicine once every day and might need to keep it for up to five years.
- Anastrozole can be taken with or without food.
- Take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Don’t take additional one to make up the missed dose.
- Store Arimidex at room temperature away from heat and moisture.