Casodex is an anti androgen that works in the human body by preventing androgens or male hormones actions. It is also used together with another hormone for curing prostate cancer. Also known as Bicalutamide and sold as Cosudex, Casodex, Kalumid and Calutide, Casodex is an oral non steroidal anti androgen used for curing hirsutism and prostate cancer. It was originally introduced in the year 1995 as a combination treatment with medical or surgical castration for advanced prostate cancer and subsequently introduced as monotherapy for treating earlier stages of cancer. It is sold by AstraZeneca with brand names Cosudex and Casodex and is prescribed 50 mg once daily in combination with luteinizing hormone releasing hormone surgical or analogue castration.
Doses of Casodex :
- You can take Casodex as recommended by your doctor; nevertheless not in smaller or larger amounts.
- Bicalutamide is given as a part of combination prostate cancer treatment with other medicines known as luteinizing hormone releasing hormone.
- Treatment with LHRH and Casodex is usually started at the same time.
- It is usually taken once every day in the morning or evening and with or without food.
- Your doctor might occasionally change the dose to ensure you get best results.