Finpecia is a drug for men that can prevent further hair loss and increase hair growth. It contains an active ingredient called finasteride that blocks DHT formation, and provides the hair follicles a chance to grow and recover. It can prevent further male pattern hair loss and increase hair growth and is a synthetic antiandrogen that acts by inhibiting type II 5-alpha reductase, an enzyme which converts testosterone to dihydrotestosterone. According to clinical studies, Propecia was shown to work on both hairline and crown area, however is most successful in crown area. In addition, patients use this medicine in order to reverse balding and stimulate new hair growth. It is commonly offered under trade name Propecia; however is also known under generic version known as Finpecia. In spite of its effectiveness, Finpecia isn’t for everyone as it presents several risks for complications and side effects in some patients.
Doses of Finpecia
- Take medication of Finpecia exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not take it in a small or large amount or more than recommended period.
- Take Finpecia only after prescribed by your doctor.
- Take one tablet each day with full glass of water.
- Take doses at the same time of day, this will help you to get best result.
- You can take the tablet after or before having meal.
- In case of missing dose, take it when you recall. If you do not evoke up to the following day, avoid the missed dose. Do not take two doses at the same time to make up for a forgotten dose.
- In case of overdose, call nearby medical help at once. Symptoms of Finpecia overdose are not known yet.
- Store the medication at normal room temperature and away from extreme heat and moisture.