Sporanox or Itraconazole is the azole antifungal medicine, which kills sensitive fungi by interfering with formation of fungal cell membrane. It is also used for curing infections that are caused by fungus which can invade any part of human body including fingernails, lungs, toenails, mouth and throat. Itraconazole or Sporanox was founded in the year 1984 and is a triazole antifungal agent recommended to people with fungal diseases. Sporanox has a wider range of activity unlike fluconazole. It is also licensed for use in sporotrichosis, blastomycosis, onychomycosis and histoplasmosis. It is more than 99% protein bound and has virtually no penetration into cerebrospinal fluid.
Doses of Sporanox :
- You can take Sporanox as recommended by your doctor; however not in smaller or larger amounts.
- Once Sporanox capsule should be taken after a complete meal, while the liquid form on empty stomach or at least one or two hours after the meal.
- The liquid form of Sporanox should be measured with a special dose measuring cup or spoon and not with the regular spoon.
- Seek medical attention, in case of overdose.
- Store Sporanox capsules at room temperature away from light, heat and moisture.