Suprax belongs to the class of medicines known as cephalosporin that works by fighting with bacteria in the human body. It is also used for curing different kinds of infections that are caused by bacteria. It is also as Cefixime and is an oral 3rd generation cephalosporin antibiotic medicine that’s used for curing diseases caused by bacteria; it includes infections of Nose, sinusitis (sinuses); Ear (otitis media caused by Moraxella catarrhalis, S. Pyogenes and Haemophilus influenzae); lungs and chest (bronchitis and pneumonia caused by Haemophilus influenza and Streptococcus pneumoniae); Uncomplicated gonorrhoea and Urinary system caused by Neisseria gonorrhoeae and Throat (tonsillitis and pharyngitis caused by S. pyogenes).
Doses of Suprax :
- You can take Suprax as recommended by your doctor; however not in larger amounts and not longer than prescribed.
- Suprax tablets can be taken with glass full of water.
- It works best, if you take it with meal or within 30 min of meal.
- Don’t chew, break or crush the extended release Suprax tablet; swallow the pill whole.
- You need to shake the liquid form of Suprax well before use and measure it with a special dose measuring cup or spoon.
- You can take the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed one and don’t use additional dose for making up the missed one.
- In case of overdose, you can seek medical attention; symptoms include diarrhea, nausea, stomach pain and vomiting.
- Store Suprax tablets at room temperature away from light, moisture and heat.
- The liquid form must be stored in the refrigerator and should be thrown away, if it is not used for 14 days.