Zithromax belongs to the class of medicines known as macrolide antibiotics that fights bacteria in the human body. It is used for curing several kinds of infections that are caused by bacteria, including respiratory infections, sexually transmitted diseases, skin infections and ear infections. For maintaining Zithromax or Azithromycin effectiveness and other antibacterial medicines and reducing drug resistant bacteria development, Azithromycin should be used only for preventing or treating diseases, which are strongly suspected or proven to be caused by bacteria.
Doses of Zithromax :
- Zithromax can be taken as recommended by your doctor; however not in smaller or larger amounts and not for longer than prescribed.
- It can be taken with or without food; the liquid form is available in a single dose packet. Open the packet and pour it in two ounces of water. Stir it and drink it right away.
- The oral suspension must be shaken well before use and measure it with the special dose measuring cup or spoon.
- Get medical attention, in case of overdose; symptoms include stomach discomfort, nausea, diarrhea and vomiting.
- Store Zithromax tablets at room temperature away from heat and moisture, while the liquid form must be thrown away if unused after ten days.